The Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports and values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to equity, diversity, accessibility and inclusiveness in our employment practices and warmly encourage applications from all qualified candidates and individuals from equity-seeking groups.
We are currently seeking qualified applicants for the following opportunity:
- Graphic Designer (Full Time) - Deadline 4 February, 2021
Job seekers are encouraged to subscribe to the Gallery's weekly e-newsletter to be informed of any future employment opportunities. We also offer various volunteer opportunities that may be of interest to you.
Reporting to the Manager, Media and Communications, the Graphic Designer is a self-motivated and energetic professional responsible for developing and designing creative and marketing materials to achieve marketing goals of generating community awareness and engagement, leading to increased attendance and donations.
Full time, salaried position. 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 9-5.
The Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery is an equal opportunity employer.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
• Project management, design and production (using Adobe Creative Suite applications such as InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) of Gallery marketing and communications materials, including member newsletters and community flyers, event postcards, brochures, advertising, and the annual report
• Coordination of out-of-house Gallery printing and production requirements, including research and recommendations for the most appropriate and cost-effective solutions, and negotiation with suppliers
• Preparation and project management of interior and exterior exhibition and promotional signage, including lobby posters and promotional display screens
• Providing support for the production/design of curatorial publications as required
• Preparation of graphics, wordmarks and logos as required to support promotion of programs and events online including ability to prepare appropriate formats for various social media channels
• Jointly responsible, in partnership with the Manager, Media and Communications, for the development of an annual production schedule; responsible for maintaining and tracking the schedule, and meeting all deadlines
• Assisting with the development and implementation of an annual media and communications plan and budget
• Management, tracking, comparison to budget and regular reporting of media and communications expenditures, including in-kind agreements
• Other duties as assigned
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
• Formal graphic design training
• 2-3 years professional graphic design experience preparing marketing and communication materials
• Knowledge of accessibility standards in graphic design for print, web and environmental design
• Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and changing environment
• Takes ownership of work, is proactive, and demonstrates initiative
• Photography and video editing experience would be considered an asset
• Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite applications
• Administrative experience and comfort in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with colleagues as a collaborative team player and receive constructive feedback in a productive manner
• Demonstrates a polished and professional style with personal qualities of integrity, credibility and sound judgement
• A creative and innovative thinker, resourceful in developing and executing exciting and inspired ideas and concepts to raise the Gallery’s profile
• High-energy, positive and solution-oriented professional
Send a resume and cover letter by Thursday 4 February at 5:00 pm to:
Shelly Mitchell, Director of Finance & Administration
Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery
101 Queen Street North, Kitchener, ON N2H 6P7
We thank all applicants for their interest in the Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.