Expressions 46: Through a New Lens
Waterloo Region Public, Catholic, and Independent Schools are invited to submit original student artwork for Expressions 46: Through a New Lens, which will be on view at KWAG from 27 March-23 May, 2021.
Students are asked to respond to the theme Through a New Lens, inspired by Alexa Urbina’s Duo Amphibians. We encourage students to consider the changes and shifts that have occurred in their daily lives over the past year and how their home, school, and community are continuing to adapt to a new reality. Schools are encouraged to submit 3-6 artworks.
New in 2021: Short films and animations as well as digital photography and artwork will be accepted this year for our digital version of Expressions 46.
Schools and teachers are advised to familiarize themselves with the Submission Requirements and Key Dates below.
1. Artwork Label Form submitted via email no later than 12 February, 2021. A paper copy of the label must be affixed to the back of the artwork in order to identify it upon delivery. Please include a digital photograph of the artwork (72 dpi no smaller than 800 pixels) when submitting the Artwork Label Form.
2. Parental Release Forms must be originals (with signatures) and submitted with the artwork between 1 March – 12 March.
3. All two-dimensional work must be framed and wired, ready to hang. Artwork that is not ready to hang will not be accepted. Three-dimensional work should be accompanied by a diagram indicating how it is to be displayed.
4. Digital submissions must follow the following file guidelines:
- Photos or digital artwork: 72 dpi or higher, min. pixel dimensions of 800 pixels
- Videos shorts or animations: Mp4 format, duration between 1-5 minutes, maximum file size of 2GB
- Please name your digital artwork file using the following format: ArtistName_School_Title
12 February: Deadline for submission of Artwork Label Form accompanied by a digital image of the artwork. A separate submission is required for each artwork.
1 March-12 March: Delivery of artwork to Gallery. Each work must be accompanied by an Artwork Label Form and Parental Release Form. Unfortunately, we are not able to accept late submissions. Please refer to our website for Gallery opening hours. Digital submissions will also be accepted in this time period via WeTransfer.com to email@example.com.
27 March-23 May: Expressions 46: Through a New Lens exhibition on view.
24 May-4 June: Pick up of artwork at the Gallery.
Kitchener, ON N2H 6P7-N2H 6P7
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.