Summer Art Camp: Art in our City | 26-30 July
Add some creativity to your child’s summer with KWAG Summer Art Camp! Choose from on-site or virtual camp offerings, exploring a variety of themes that will give your child an opportunity to experiment with a wide range of materials.
During our on-site programs, campers will look beyond the walls of the Gallery, working outside to create artworks inspired by public art, nature, and the city around them.
Register early to ensure a spot as capacity for in-person camps will be limited to eight campers per age cohort.
Art in Our City | 26-30 July
Enjoy daily walks around KWAG and the surrounding neighbourhoods to draw inspiration from the artists whose works enhance our city. Use various techniques to make works of art that respond to the architecture, public art, and people that call downtown Kitchener home.
Ages: 7-9 & 10-13
Drop-off between 8:30-9:00am | Pick-up between 4:30-5:00 pm
$250 / week
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- For the safety of our campers, their families and KWAG staff, Summer Art Camp programming will adhere to current health and safety measures and cleaning protocols
- Weather permitting, the majority of camp activities will take place outside on the grounds of Centre In The Square
- Camp groups will be organized in cohorts limited to a maximum of eight campers
- KWAG requires all campers to bring and wear a mask, and practice frequent hand washing and the use of hand sanitizer, which will be provided by the camp
- KWAG staff will wear appropriate personal protective equipment, practice safe hand washing and the use of hand sanitizer, and practice social distancing whenever possible
- Each camper will receive their own art supply kit that will not be shared with others
- Offsite trips will be limited to locations within walking distance and will not require the use of vehicle transportation
- Campers will be required to complete daily COVID-19 screenings
- Additional safety protocols and policies that relate to COVID-19 will be shared with parents upon registration, and upon arrival at camp
In the case that KWAG or Summer Art Camp is forced to close due to circumstances arising from the COVID-19 pandemic, KWAG will provide a refund for the cancelled portion of the week, minus a 10% administration fee.
If your chid is unable to attend camp due to COVID-19 symptoms, KWAG will provide a refund for the day(s) they didn’t attend, minus a 10% administration fee
Kitchener, ON N2H 6P7-N2H 6P7
|Art in our City | 26-30 July|
|Art in our City: Ages 7-9||$ 250.00|
|Art in our City: Ages 10-13||$ 250.00|
Download iCalendar entry for this event. iCalendar feed for this event.