The Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports and values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to equity, diversity, accessibility and inclusiveness in our employment practices and warmly encourage applications from all qualified candidates and individuals from equity-seeking groups.
We are currently seeking qualified applicants for the following employment opportunity:
- Graphic Designer - apply by Friday 19 August at 5:00 pm
Job seekers are encouraged to subscribe to the Gallery's weekly e-newsletter to be informed of any future employment opportunities. We also offer various volunteer opportunities that may be of interest to you.
The Graphic Designer is a self-motivated and energetic professional responsible for developing and designing creative and marketing materials to support the Gallery’s goals of generating community awareness and engagement, leading to increased attendance and donations. Serving as KWAG’s in-house design lead, this position is responsible for maintaining a consistent and compelling brand identity across all our public-facing materials and works collaboratively with all departments to create a variety of interpretative and educational materials for our exhibitions, programs and fundraising initiatives.
Director of Marketing & Communications. This is a full-time position at 35 hours/week with a salary of $38,586 per year.
• Project management, design and production of Gallery marketing and communications materials, including member newsletters and community flyers, event postcards, brochures, advertising, and the annual report
• Coordination of Gallery printing and production requirements, including research and recommendations for the most appropriate and cost-effective solutions, and negotiation with suppliers
• Preparation and project management of interior and exterior exhibition and promotional signage, including lobby signage and promotional display screens
• Production support for educational and interpretative materials produced with collaboration with Public Programs department
• Providing support for the production and design of curatorial publications
• Support updates to KWAG’s website by preparing web pages for exhibitions and programs and maintaining static pages with current content and images
• Preparation of graphics, wordmarks and logos as required to support promotion of programs and events including ability to prepare appropriate formats for various social media channels
• Jointly responsible, in partnership with the Director of Marketing & Communications, for maintaining and tracking an annual production schedule
• Assisting with the development and implementation of an annual marketing and communications plan and budget
• Management, tracking, comparison to budget and regular reporting of marketing and communications expenditures, including in-kind agreements
• Ensure communication materials are compliant with best practices for accessibility in print, digital and environmental design
• Other duties as assigned
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
• Formal graphic design training
• 2-3 years professional graphic design experience preparing marketing and communication materials
• Knowledge of accessibility standards in graphic design for print, web and environmental design
• Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and changing environment
• Takes ownership of work, is proactive, and demonstrates initiative
• Photography and video editing experience would be considered an asset
• Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite applications
• Administrative experience and comfort in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word
• Experience editing and maintaining websites
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with colleagues as a collaborative team player and receive constructive feedback in a productive manner
• Demonstrates a polished and professional style with personal qualities of integrity, credibility and sound judgement
• A creative and innovative thinker, resourceful in developing and executing exciting and inspired ideas and concepts to raise the Gallery’s profile
• Positive and solution-oriented professional
Please send a resume and cover letter by Friday 19 August at 5:00 pm to:
Shelly Mitchell, Director of Finance & Administration
Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery
101 Queen Street North, Kitchener, ON N2H 6P7
The Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery is committed to being an inclusive and respectful workplace. We encourage and welcome applications that contribute to the further diversification of the Gallery including, but not limited to, women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ+ persons.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.