The Gallery accepts legacy gifts to help sustain its excellent level of programming and exhibitions. Legacy gifts are a means of contributing to a registered charity, such as the Gallery, with the donor benefiting financially during their lifetime. Legacy gifts provide donors with the following benefits:
- The opportunity to contribute to a cause during their lifetime while seeing the results of their generosity in action
- Charitable tax credits can be maximized to reduce final income taxes
- Donations of shares of Canadian cultural property, listed appreciated securities, or annuities may provide donors with additional tax benefits during their lifetime
- Donors could be eligible for immediate charitable tax receipts or reduced taxes on their estate
- By contributing to the Gallery today, donors can continue to enjoy KWAG's activities and personally share the results of their generosity with others.
The Gallery can accept support in many forms:
- Cash gifts either in a lump sum or over a defined period of time
- Bequest in a Will
- Specific Bequest or Legacy
- Residual Legacy or Bequest
- All of the Residue
- A Gift of Real Estate
- A Specific Bequest or Gift of an Item of Property
- Investments such as RRSPs, securities, or shares
- A gift through a life insurance policy
- Gifts in memory of a loved one.
For additional information on any of these options, you can read our brochure, An Inspired Future. You can also arrange a personal appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 519-579-5860 ext. 221.
Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery Endowment Fund
Financial stability is one of KWAG's key strategic goals for the next several years. In 2003, a Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery Endowment Fund was established with a first stage goal of $5 million. The Endowment Fund is locally managed by
Rae & Lipskie Investment Counsel Inc., and the firm's activities are overseen by a standing committee of the Board. The Endowment Committee is comprised of board members with extensive legal and investment experience. Interest earned on fund contributions is used to support operating budgets and ongoing programs including:
- Contemporary art exhibitions that provoke imagination and inspire creativity
- Collaboration of KWAG with Region of Waterloo education systems in providing curriculum-based student programs, reaching more than 4,700 children annually
- Public programs and art education opportunities for more than 6,500 students each year
- The Gallery's Permanent Collection so the Gallery can acquire works that have relevance to its mandate.
The Gallery appreciates all gifts, in any amount. If you are interested in contributing to the Gallery's Endowment Fund, you can email email@example.com or call 519-579-5860 ext. 221.