We're easy to find, conveniently located at 101 Queen St N, inside Centre In The Square.
101 Queen Street North, Kitchener, ON N2H 6P7
Admission is free, thanks to Free Admissions Sponsor CIBC Private Wealth Wood Gundy Allan Bush Investment Team
Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery is an accessible venue that has been recognized with Gold Certification from the Rick Hansen Foundation. We are also certified as dementia friendly through the Blue Umbrella Project®.
In consideration of the access, safety and well-being of all participants, we ask that you please help the Gallery maintain a fragrance-reduced space by refraining from using perfume, essential oils and scented personal care products, which can be hazardous to people with respiratory ailments, allergies and sensory sensitivities.
Sensory Friendly Saturdays are scheduled on the first Saturday of every month from 10:00 am-12:00 pm. During these hours, reduced light and volume levels in our exhibition spaces and lobby provide a relaxed environment for people living with autism and others who require or prefer a low-stimulation experience.
Our hope is that everyone is able to access and enjoy our exhibitions. If there is anything that we can do to improve your experience at the Gallery, please let us know by speaking with our Visitor Services staff.
Effective 21 March, 2022, visitors are no longer required to wear face masks while visiting the Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery. While we encourage visitors to wear a face mask while in the Gallery, this is a personal decision and we ask that all visitors remain respectful of one another's choices. Thank you for helping us maintain a safe and accessible space.
The Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery will continue to follow the guidance provided by municipal, provincial and federal health agencies. These guidelines are subject to change as required.
- The Gallery is currently able to welcome visitors at full capacity
- Visitors are encouraged to wear face masks during their visit
- Visitors are encouraged to sanitize their hands upon entering KWAG; a touchless dispenser is available in our lobby
- Visitors are encouraged to maintain physical distance of 6 feet (2 metres) from other guests and staff throughout the Gallery
- Plexiglass shielding has been installed at Front Desk to minimize contact between visitors and staff
- High-touch surfaces throughout the Gallery including doors will be sanitized regularly by Gallery staff
- Gallery attendants will be on hand to sanitize headphones for video installations after each use where applicable
- Drinking fountains will not be available to visitors at this time; however, our contactless water bottle filling station will remain available
With these measures in place, we are confident that KWAG can provide a comforting refuge and space for learning through these challenging times. Thank you for your cooperation.
The Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery allows flash-free photography on hand-held devices for personal use only, unless otherwise indicated. We ask that you respect the rights of the artists and their representatives under Canadian copyright law.
The following are not permitted:
- Commercial use and reproduction of any images taken at KWAG without express written permission of the copyright holder
- Tripods, selfie sticks or other equipment that may interfere with the artwork or other visitors
- Photography of any object, exhibition or gallery marked by signage indicating that photography is not permitted
- Film/video cameras
KWAG reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to restrict permission to photograph on its premises.
Please contact our Marketing and Communications department for inquiries about filming or other special requests.
Surface lot (Street Level), accessible from Otto Street
Cost: $2.25/hour to a maximum of $10.75/day, Payment required Monday to Saturday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Be sure to place the payment slip in the windshield area of your vehicle. Meters will accept VISA, MasterCard and change.
Theatre Parking $9.00 cash if Centre in the Square is open for an event after 6:00pm
Civic District Parking Garage (Underground Lot)
There are two entrances, one is off Queen St, on the south side of the Kitchener Public Library, and the other entrance is off Otto St, beside the surface lot. First 1/2 hour: $1.05, next 1/2 hour is $1.05, each 1/2 hour thereafter is $1.65 to a maximum of $14.50.
The theatre rate for this garage is $7.50 cash and they continue to accept KWS vouchers. After you have found a parking spot, please use the Otto Street door to exit as close to the Centre in The Square as possible. There are stairs and an elevator at this exit that bring you up to the surface lot.
There are also a limited number of free two-hour on street parking spaces on Margaret Avenue, Mansion St and Ellen St between Victoria and Queen. Metered parking is available on Ahrens St and Roy St.
Fire regulations do not permit parking in the Gallery loading dock or on Ring Road.
Parking Options City of Kitchener
Parking lots are operated by the City of Kitchener.
Please direct any questions or concerns about parking to Traffic and Parking Services by calling 519.741.2345.