We're easy to find, conveniently located at 101 Queen St N, inside Centre In The Square.
101 Queen St N, Kitchener, ON N2H 6P7
Admission is free, thanks to Free Admissions Sponsor Sun Life Financial.
Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery is an accessible venue and certified as dementia friendly through the Blue Umbrella Project®.
In consideration of the access, safety and well-being of all participants, we ask that you please help the Gallery maintain a fragrance-reduced space by refraining from using perfume, essential oils and scented personal care products, which can be hazardous to people with respiratory ailments, allergies and sensory sensitivities.
Our hope is that everyone is able to access and enjoy our exhibitions. If there is anything that we can do to improve your experience at the Gallery, please let us know by speaking with our Visitor Services staff.
COVID-19 Visitor Policy
The general public is now welcome to visit the Gallery during the opening hours of 11:00 am-5:00 pm from Tuesday-Saturday and 1:00-5:00 pm on Sundays. The following measures will be in place to ensure your comfort and safety:
- No more than ten visitors will be permitted inside the Gallery at any given time to ensure physical distancing within our exhibition spaces; entry will be managed on a first-come first-served basis
- Visitors exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 are not permitted to visit the Gallery; visitors will be asked to confirm they are asymptomatic and provide contact information on entry to support contact tracing if required
- Plexiglass shielding has been installed at Front Desk to minimize contact between visitors and staff
- Visitors will be required to sanitize their hands upon entering KWAG
- Wearing of non-surgical face masks is required in accordance with the Face Covering By-law in Waterloo Region
- Visitors are required to maintain physical distance of 6 feet (2 metres) from other guests and staff throughout the Gallery, and are encouraged to navigate exhibitions by following the walls to your right-hand side
- High-touch surfaces throughout the Gallery including doors will be sanitized regularly by Gallery staff
- Gallery attendants will be on hand to sanitize headphones for video installations after each use
- Washrooms and drinking fountains will not be available to visitors at this time; however, our contactless water bottle filling station will remain available
- Visitors are encouraged to take home any print handouts used during their visit, or else dispose of these in the recycling bin provided on departure
- Visitors who develop symptoms of COVID-19 during their visit are asked to inform Front Desk immediately to seek assistance in safely leaving the Gallery or isolating on site until help can be provided
With these measures in place, we are confident that KWAG can provide a comforting refuge and space for learning through these challenging times. Thank you for your cooperation.
Surface lot (Street Level), accessible from Otto Street
Cost: $2.25/hour to a maximum of $10.750/day, Payment required Monday to Saturday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Be sure to place the payment slip in the windshield area of your vehicle. Meters will accept VISA, MasterCard and change.
Theatre Parking $9.00 cash if Centre in the Square is open for an event after 6:00pm
Civic District Parking Garage (Underground Lot)
There are two entrances, one is off Queen St, on the south side of the Kitchener Public Library, and the other entrance is off Otto St, beside the surface lot. First 1/2 hour: $1.05, next 1/2 hour is $ 1.05, each 1/2 hour thereafter is $1.65 to a maximum of $14.50.
The theatre rate for this garage is $7.50 cash and they continue to accept KWS vouchers. After you have found a parking spot, please use the Otto Street door to exit as close to the Centre in The Square as possible. There are stairs and an elevator at this exit that bring you up to the surface lot.
There are also a limited number of free two-hour on street parking spaces on Margaret Avenue, Mansion St and Ellen St between Victoria and Queen. Metered parking is available on Ahrens St and Roy St.
Fire regulations do not permit parking in the Gallery loading dock or on Ring Road.
Parking Options City of Kitchener
Parking lots are operated by the City of Kitchener.
Please direct any questions or concerns about parking to Traffic and Parking Services by calling 519.741.2345.