Support the future of creativity with a gift to KWAG this holiday season
Of the many things we do at KWAG, inspiring our young people is among the most important. From encouraging self-determination and free expression in our Youth Council to celebrating the accomplishments of future artists in our annual student exhibition, Expressions, we nurture the creative power of young minds by:
- Providing a space for young people to explore and showcase their creativity
- Introducing young people to professional artists making extraordinary things
- Nurturing a love of art that will last for a lifetime
Our youngest participants learn to see the world through eyes other than their own, witness creativity elevated as a meaningful way to engage with challenging issues – and through their own art, proposed imaginative ways to solve climate change and social inequality.
From these seeds springs tomorrow – surely something worth caring for.
This holiday season, we are calling on you – our friends and supporters – to create even more opportunities for young people to reach their full creative potential with a charitable donation. Your gift, no matter what amount, sparks new ideas and empowers young people to imagine a brighter tomorrow.
- $50 provides two children and their parents a shared creative experience at the Gallery
- $100 provides a hands-on art workshop for ten children
- $250 provides full-week Art Camp for a financially disadvantaged child
Let us know why you support creative youth using #OurFutureKWAG – we look forward to sharing some of our favourite donor stories throughout December!
KWAG relies on the support of the community. We need you. You can help by:
- Submit your donation or become a member online. Purchase a membership or make a donation as a gift (e-card options available)
- Visit Canada Helps (select the Kitchener-Waterloo Art Gallery)
- Attend a fundraising event like our Black & Gold Gala
- Sponsor a Gallery project
- Make a legacy gift
- Become a volunteer
Did you know?
KWAG is a registered charitable organization (Charitable Registration # 107579674RR0001) and is open to the public six days a week, and open late in advance of Centre in the Square's evening events. The Gallery receives approximately 40,000 visitors annually, including 6,500 students through school tours and workshops.
Become a monthly or installment donor
KWAG has introduced a monthly donor program, which makes it possible to support the Gallery for as little as $10 a month. This can be arranged either through automatic withdrawals or credit card payments. At the end of each year, we will send you a tax receipt for the full value of your contribution during the year.
If you are interested in this option, please contact Elena Veldman at 519.579.5860 ext 221. As a monthly or instalment donor, you are assured that every nickel of your gift goes towards programming, because we won't need to pay for paper and postage traditionally associated with annual gifts.
KWAG respects the privacy of its donors. We do not sell, trade, share or disclose personal information. When you make a donation, you become a supporter of the Gallery.