Did you know that less than 30% of the works of art in our Permanent Collection are authored by women? By becoming a Woman of Influence for Women’s Art, you will be a change agent for a future generation.
By joining this network of visionary donors you will:
- Follow in the footsteps of four women who played a significant role towards the founding of KWAG by establishing an art collection in the 1920s for an art gallery
- Continue their trailblazing legacy by pooling your efforts with those of like-minded civic leaders and making targeted donations to a fund in support of women artists
- Bolster the representation of work created by women in the Permanent Collection through future acquisitions
With your annual donation of $500 or more, becoming a Woman of Influence for Women's Art entitles you to a unique array of donor benefits that recognize the instrumental role you play in shaping the future of KWAG:
- Invitations to two exclusive events per year with women artists and curators including behind-the-scenes tours of exhibitions
- Recognition in our print newsletters, Annual Report and Donor Wall
- Participation in the selection of future acquisitions by women artists brought forward by our Senior Curator for our Permanent Collection
- Access to exclusive field trips to exhibitions and studio visits with women artists
- Receive a complimentary publication by a woman artist exhibiting at KWAG
Virtual Cocktail Hour | Thursday 24 February, 2022
WIWA members are invited to bring a guest for a virtual cocktail conversation with Sarah Milroy, Chief Curator of the McMichael Canadian Art Collection. Cocktail kits will be delivered directly to your door!
Virtual Cocktail Hour | Thursday 10 June, 2021
WIWA members are invited to bring a guest for a virtual cocktail conversation with Tobi Bruce and Melissa Bennett from the Art Gallery of Hamilton, who will share the work of a woman artist in their Permanent Collection. Cocktail kits will be delivered directly to your door!
Private Reception with Mary Kavanaugh
Members of Women of Influence for Women's Art are invited to a private reception with Mary Kavanaugh on Wednesday 12 February from 6:00-6:45 pm in advance of her talk for Trinity3, which is proudly supported by KWAG’s Women of Influence for Women’s Art.
An Evening with Shary Boyle
Friday 9 November, 7:00 pm - Join us for a free talk from acclaimed Canadian artist Shary Boyle presented by the Women of Influence for Women's Art.