Did you know that less than 30% of the works of art in our Permanent Collection are authored by women? By becoming a Woman of Influence for Women’s Art, you will be a change agent for a future generation.
By joining this network of visionary donors you will:
- Follow in the footsteps of four women who played a significant role towards the founding of KWAG by establishing an art collection in the 1920s for an art gallery
- Continue their trailblazing legacy by pooling your efforts with those of like-minded civic leaders and making targeted donations to a fund in support of women artists
- Bolster the representation of work created by women in the Permanent Collection through future acquisitions
With your annual donation of $500 or more, becoming a Woman of Influence for Women's Art entitles you to a unique array of donor benefits that recognize the instrumental role you play in shaping the future of KWAG:
- Invitations to two exclusive events per year with women artists and curators including behind-the-scenes tours of exhibitions
- Recognition in our print newsletters, Annual Report and Donor Wall
- Participation in the selection of future acquisitions by women artists brought forward by our Senior Curator for our Permanent Collection
- Access to exclusive field trips to exhibitions and studio visits with women artists
- Receive a complimentary publication by a woman artist exhibiting at KWAG
Virtual Cocktail Hour | Thursday 10 June, 5:30-7:00pm
WIWA members are invited to bring a guest for a virtual cocktail conversation with Tobi Bruce and Melissa Bennett from the Art Gallery of Hamilton, who will share the work of a woman artist in their Permanent Collection. Cocktail kits will be delivered directly to your door! Please RSVP to email@example.com by Thursday 3 June.
Private Reception with Mary Kavanaugh
Members of Women of Influence for Women's Art are invited to a private reception with Mary Kavanaugh on Wednesday 12 February from 6:00-6:45 pm in advance of her talk for Trinity3, which is proudly supported by KWAG’s Women of Influence for Women’s Art.
An Evening with Shary Boyle
Friday 9 November, 7:00 pm - Join us for a free talk from acclaimed Canadian artist Shary Boyle presented by the Women of Influence for Women's Art.